Oral Lichen Planus, its symptoms and causes
Introduction Oral Lichen Planus:
Oral Lichen planus is a type of rashes happens on the skin which causes tremendous itchiness in nature. Sometimes it is the result of the lesser level of immunity too. And also it can take place anywhere on the surface of your body.
The Oral Lichen Planus is kind of a mucous membrane which appears inside your mouth where the Lichen planus takes place. And Oral Lichen Planus is completely different from the normal Lichen Planus. Because in that case, the area gets white patches, sores and swollen tissues instead of having rashes.
diet for oral lichen planus
It is not at all contagious but if you fail to diagnose it earlier, it can cause serious problems on your skin. Sometimes it leads to different types of infections too. So the diagnosis of these types of problems is very much important.
Symptoms of Oral Lichen Planus:
Generally, Oral Lichen Planus takes place inside the mouth. And the main symptoms of having it are:
1. The membranes of the white colour are the main symptom of it. The white patches grow red in the time being and the swollenness also increases. It can also lead to some serious sores or sometimes the ulceration can also happen.
2. At first, these patches don’t cause much pain. But when it grows red and swells, the pain increases.
3. The serious burning and stinging pain appear in the area and you will get to feel the discomfort at every point.
4. You will feel the pain while eating, drinking or even speaking. And if the open sores generate, you will feel the pain even if you are not drinking or eating anything.
5. The sensitivity of your mouth will increase. You will feel the pain continuously while eating anything spicy, hot, acidic or coarse.
6. The Oral Lichen Planus can cause serious inflammation and sometimes it bleeds when you brush your teeth.
There are so many places where the disease takes place inside your mouth. The most common location among all of them is the inside part of the cheeks, tongue, gums, palate and the inner tissue of the lips.
If this disease is not treated properly, it can lead to excessive fungal infections. You will feel excruciating pain while eating. But if you leave that, you lose a lot of weight and deficiency of nutrition will appear.
If the Oral Lichen Planus gets ulcerated then the areas which were affected will have the scars forever. So if you take a regular appointment with your dentist, you will be able to avoid these situations even more.
Causes of Oral Lichen Planus:
There are different causes of having Oral Lichen Planus is there. Among all of them, the major causes are:
1. Sometimes, it can appear because of the less amount of immunity in our body. Because Oral Lichen Planus has autoimmune disorder which makes them even more dangerous.
2. If you recently have an injury of the mouth, you can have Oral Lichen Planus. In case of a mouth injury, the upper portion o0f the skin of the inside part of the mouth gets damaged and white membrane-like structures start forming themselves. It leads to the serious problem of Oral Lichen Planus.
3. If you have a previously detected oral infection, then also it has a high chance to have Oral Lichen Planus inside the mouth. Because this infection damages the top skin layer of the mouth and then these infections take place.
4. Some medicines are really bad for our health. And those medicines can be a reason of this disease too. Those medicines have a large amount of steroid in it. And those medicines are banned from the market but still, these are available in some markets.
5. If you have very gentle or sensitive skin, then you must know that some allergens work very fast and cause some serious level of Oral Lichen Planus problem. So if you have an allergy to the food or some machines of the dental clinics, then you must be very careful because of that.
The Treatment of Oral Lichen Planus:
There are so many types of treatments for this disease. Some of these treatments are given below:
· At first, you have to change your lifestyle. You should use a mild level of toothpaste which cannot burn the inside of your mouth.
· Always try to have nutritious food like fruits, vegetables, proteins and nuts.
· You should do a lot of exercises to grow your immunity power.
· You should stop taking stress almost immediately. Because stress increases all these problems and also reduces the immunity power in the human body.
· You can use some special topical medicines in the form of an ointment, gel awesome mouthwash to clean the affected area properly.
· You can take corticosteroids which are specially made for oral problems. These medicines are solely manufactured for Oral Lichen Planus problem.
· You can take some medicines to increase the immunity power in your body so that you can withstand all kinds of medications as well as the oral lichen planus symptoms for some time.
· If the problem increases to a great extent then you can also use some injection of corticosteroids which are given to the white membranes inside your mouth to get the immediate effect.
· You have to be very careful that you don’t get any kind of injuries inside your mouth so that the top layer of the skin does not get damaged and the oral lichen planus cannot be spread over the mouth.
Oral lichen planus is a very common disease right now and this disease can be treated by proper medication and care. If you have this problem inside your the mouth then you will feel discomfort while eating anything, drinking or even speaking because at that time the upper membranes get damaged and the redness increases and itching start.
If you are having the problem of religion planners, then you should take care of your mouth even more and especially you should not consume any spicy hot food at that time to avoid any kind of excessive pain.